Bella is finally here!! Thursday night (thanks Jeremy) I started having regular contractions at 8:00 pm and called the Dr. @ 10:00. We made it to the hospital about 11 and boy did I want my epidural. I was 5 cm when we got to the hospital and 7cm just an hour later. We were afraid that I wasn't going to have enough time for my epidural b/c they had trouble with my IV. I did end up with a good IV and got my epidural around 12:45 (THANK YOU LORD). After that the pain was much better. My midwife checked me again at 2 am and Bella was born at 2:19 am. Thank God I only pushed with 2 contractions. I knew that she would probably be about 8 lbs, but I was shocked when they said she weighed 8 lbs. 9oz., and she's 21 inches long. She did have meconium so I didn't get to hold her right away, but she is very healthy.
It's absolutely amazing how much she looks like her big sister. I feel like I had Tristen all over again, they look like twins. Speaking of big sis, Tristen is doing really well with her. She wasn't to sure if she wanted to touch her at first, but after Grandpa held her she knew it was ok. She loves to hold her, and wants to be by her side at all times. It's so precious. It makes all of the pain and discomforts of pregnancy worth it.
We decided to come home early, instead of staying through Sunday. We were hoping to get some rest. HA, HA :) You know how many interruptions there are at the hopital so we were excited to get away from that. We made it home Saturday and are happy to have our little family all together.





No comments:
Post a Comment